Phoenix-AZ—Due to COVID-19, the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona’s annual Memorial Day event (May 25), will change from an in-person demonstration to a televised and live stream event to comply with the Center for Disease Control’s public safety guidelines. The event will be both televised and shared via Livestream thanks to a partnership between AZTV’s (Channel 7) Arizona Daily Mix and the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona’s (NMCA) Support Committee.
The event will air as follows:
- 8 to 9 a.m.
- Monday, May 25, 2020.
- AZTV Channel 7 over the air (with an antenna), on cable (NAZ TV) and satellite.
- And via live stream online at https://www.aztv.com/live-streaming.
- Repeat airing will occur at 5 a.m., May 26, on Channel 7.
The ceremony will offer traditional military offerings including:
· A flyover by the Primary Trainer Squadron of the Arizona Antique Airplane Association is set and will depict a missing man formation.
· Former Maricopa County Attorney and Veteran Court Judge Rick Romley will serve as emcee.
· The National Anthem by Steve Brinning Entertainment.
· Remarks by VA National Cemetery Director Srey Austin.
· The Prisoner of War and Missing in Action table reading by Kathy Upchurch, Gold Star Wife . Playing of Taps by Mark Gus Scott.
In addition to broadcasting the ceremony, AZTV will also interview veterans and tie in other touches to help Arizona honor and remember our fallen military men and women on Memorial Day.
AZTV reaches more than 1.9 million Arizona households on Channel 7 over the air (with an antenna), on cable and satellite. You can learn more about AZTV Daily Mix online https://www.aztv.com/az-daily-mix.