Membership eligibility in The American Legion is based on honorable service with the US Armed Forces between:
- April 6, 1917 and November 11, 1918 (World War I)
- December 7, 1941 and December 31, 1946 (World War II)
- June 25, 1950 and January 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- August 24, 1982 and July 31, 1984 (Lebanon/Grenada)
- December 20, 1989 and January 31, 1990 (Operation Just Cause – Panama)
*August 2, 1990 until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States
(Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm)
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the US Armed Forces are eligible to
join The American Legion at this time.
Please complete the form below to start the process of applying for American Legion Membership in Arizona.
The form should not be submitted unless you are ready to make your first dues payment upon submission.
This form is only used when the candidate is unable to personally contact an official in the Post as intended. If an official is available, please apply directly in the Post location where your dues received will record on the Post roster. To review the list of Posts if you don’t remember the details go to; Arizona Search by county